Getting a lawyer can be an easy thing, but finding a great agent is not that easy especially here in New York. Cases such as child custody, a criminal matter, and other legal issues need a quality lawyer. New Yorkers have a reason to smile this is because there is a new way to get counsel in the neighborhood who has the experience in handling court cases and other legal matters. The LRIS launched a new web portal for citizens seeking lawyers. The portal is on a 24hrs service.
The New York State Bar Association created this portal as a way of reducing stress and lower the pressure for people needing legal help. The portal offers lawyers with high customer review, and this ensures that the people of New York get quality and the best lawyers in the field. The creation and launch were in the partnership of Legal.io a principal marketing place for referrals management technology. According to the CEO of Legal.io they are proud to partner with NYSBA in providing legal services to many people and a lower cost.
The procedure of the services in the portal is:
- You go to the website and fill the questionnaire
- The State Bar staff will review the survey, and a lawyer that matches your query will be linked up.
- You may be referred to the appropriate county bar association if you live in the 17 counties.
- The referrals are free of charge, but if you consult the attorney, you are $35.
- After the first consultation, you may choose to terminate but if you proceed charges will apply. The charges will be an agreement between the client and the lawyer.
About Jeremy Goldstein
Mr. Jeremy Goldstein is a partner at the Jeremy L. Goldstein & Associates, LLC. He studied at Bachelor of Art, Art History at the Cornell University and graduated in 1995. Later got a Masters in Art, Art History at The University of Chicago in 1996. He then enrolled for JurisDoctor, law at The New York University School of Law where he finished in 1999.
Mr. Goldstein’s career started as an associate at Shearman and Sterling LLP for 1year. He later became a partner Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz for 14 years before becoming a partner at Jeremy L. Goldstein & Associates. He is currently in volunteering activities, and he is a Director at Fountain house.
Follow Jeremy Goldstein on twitter @jgoldsteinlaw1.